7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8th May: Just about to go down to a lower village  (Read 2985 times)

Kevin Quick

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 15
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog

Audio blog message from Lorenzo described his descent from Adavanced Base Camp to Base Camp. At the intermediary camp he was greeted by the collie like dog that had followed them up to ABC earlier, and the dog accompanied Lorenzo back down to BC, but has now vanished.

Lorenzo reports he is feeling very good and the team were just about to board a jeep to go down to a village (at 4100m) for several days, which will help with their acclimatization.
Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
Re: 8th May: Just about to go down to a lower village
« Reply #1 on: May 9 2005, 05:24 »

Have caught up at last on all posts.  Good to hear Lorenzo is well after his snowy experience - take it easy now my friend and bask in the luxury of the lower altitudes and save yourself for the final push.

Best wishes to all the team and special wishes to the Norn Ireland folk - hope eyes are ok Noel - go for it dudes!!

Colin

Mary Clare

Re: 8th May: Just about to go down to a lower village
« Reply #2 on: May 9 2005, 06:21 »

Hi to everyone

Thank you Kevin for your time while Chris is away.

It is great to know that the entire team has made it to 7500 - 7700 meters.  Everything seems to be going well.  As Collin mentioned in his post, I also hope Noel's eyes will be fine throughout this ascent of Everest.  I marvel at his determination to continue on considering the earlier problems he incurred.  What a great collaboration of teams, the 7 Summits & the 7 Summits-Club!

Please let John know that I am very excited for him!

Best wishes for a safe and successful ascent to the "top of the world"!  And best wishes for a safe return.

Sincerely,
mc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 22 queries.