7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12th May - Noel and Lynne  (Read 2656 times)

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
12th May - Noel and Lynne
« on: May 13 2005, 06:41 »

Hello folks

Have just read the latest mail from Noel and Lynne on their website - "the mail we didn't want to post".  I'm sure it is heart-breaking for you to step out from this great adventure but you are doing the right thing.  It isn't worth the loss of eyesight or risking your life.

Apparently Noel's eyes are haemorraging and the advice given was to return home.

I have been following your adventure on this 7 summits forum and I'm sure I speak for all interested parties on here.  You both got this far and reached the North Col.  You've done really well and I'm sure your time will come again.  Don't be too disappointed - you have had an amazing experience - and one I can only dream about at the moment. Hopefully one day I will manage to at least get to Base Camp or possibly ABC and gaze upon the wonder of Mt Everest. Take the positives from the experience and the knowledge that you have really helped the Barnardos Charity through your hard efforts and diligence - a job well done!

It wasn't to be this time for you both but you will live to fight another day!!  Feel proud of your achievements - they are worthy of much praise.  There aren't many NI folk who have managed to get to 7200m.  I hope the eyes are not too serious Noel and that they will make a full recovery - maybe you can put our minds at rest.  Best wishes for a safe return and good luck for the future.

Colin

maria

Re: 12th May - Noel and Lynne
« Reply #1 on: May 13 2005, 12:37 »

Dear Lynne and Noel,

As I logged on this am to check your progress i was  so so disappointed for you when I read your last mail. I can only imagine your anguish in making this decision but you cannot ,as Colin rightly says, risk your or noels health in any way. I know this will be very hard to accept after all your efforts but it just wasn't meant to be this time, next time! We are all so so proud of what you have achieved . You will treasure the memories form this amazing life experience. Try to rest and get your selves ready for the journey home as I know it will be hard to stay strong. we will still keep praying for you.

We will all be waiting for you with open arms.

Love always,

Maria M XXXXXXX
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.