7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 18th May: weather window  (Read 3435 times)

Chris Valentine

  • Scrambler
  • ***
  • Altitude: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 81
  • Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
18th May: weather window
« on: May 18 2005, 18:19 »

Just received some text messages from Lorenzo. Apparently a window in the weather has opened and the team are considering going for a summit attempt.

I asked him what the Sherpas think but as he doesn't have a personal Sherpa, he can't ask. Glad its not me making the decision...

Chris.
Logged
Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

Mary Clare

  • Guest
Re: 18th May: weather window
« Reply #1 on: May 19 2005, 00:09 »

Wow...a difficult decision!  This may be the opening they are waiting for...but it must be so hard to know for sure.  Climbing Everest is definitely an intelligence game in addition to a test of ones determination, stamina and mountaineering skills.  Please keep us posted.

Sincerely,
mc
Logged

MournesMan

  • Scrambler
  • ***
  • Altitude: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
  • Live life and follow your dreams
Re: 18th May: weather window
« Reply #2 on: May 19 2005, 05:57 »

 :o

Wow!!!  I hope they have got it right - the weather I mean.  Difficult decision as to whether to go for it.  What would be the next steps?  How long would it take to summitt?  What is the schedule for a summitt?  Do they go to Camp 2 for an overnight then camp 3 and summitt the day after???

Am eager to know the timetable - if they decide to go for it (or even if they don't this time).

Best wishes anyway and use your instincts wisely.

Colin
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.