7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: China Pak Gasherbrum - I Expedition -2005  (Read 3066 times)

Karrar Haidri

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 1
China Pak Gasherbrum - I Expedition -2005
« on: May 19 2005, 23:58 »

Chinese team has reached Islamabad from Lhasa, Tibet on 15 May 2005 to participate in the China - Pak Gasherbrum - I Expedition -2005, being launched by China Tibet Mountaineering Association in collaboration with Alpine Club of Pakistan. The expedition will attempt 8068 metre high Gasherbrum – I situated in Boltoro region, next to Mt K-2 to set a world record of climbing all 14 peaks rising above 8000 metre on Earth by a single team.
The expedition is being led by veteran China Tibet climber Mr Sam Drug and comprises members of China Tibet Mountaineering Team which began their arduous and challenging undertaking in 1993 and till date has completed climb of 13 such peaks including Mt Everest and K-2. In view of the close relations that exist between Pakistan and China, the China Tibet Mountaineering Team has made ascents of peaks rising above 8000 metres in Pakistan in joint collaboration with Alpine Club of Pakistan. These joint climbs were Gasherbrum II (1995), Nanga Parbat (1997), Broad Peak (2001) and K-2 (2002 and 2004). The joint expedition ascended K-2 in 2004 to on the auspicious occasion of the Golden Jubilee of the first ascent of K-2. During all these climbs the summit of these peaks was reached by China Tibet and Pakistani climbers together thus fostering the fraternity between mountaineers of both the friendly countries.
The Expedition is scheduled to depart Islamabad for Skardu on 22 May and expects to reach Gasherbrum I Base camp by 4 June. The team expects to spend 50 days at this base camp trying their luck with the mountain and the weather. Alpine Club of Pakistan has arranged to provide logistic support to this joint the past.expedition as was done in

info@saltorosummits.com
www.saltorosummits.com
Life is brought down to the basics: if you are warm, regular, healthy, not thirsty or hungry, then you are not on a mountain... Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall it's great when you stop."   
 Chris Darwin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.