7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 27th May - Group 1 at North Col, Group 2 start postponed  (Read 8182 times)

erikv

  • Happy at sea level
  • Administrator
  • Hiker
  • *******
  • Altitude: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • I rather leave the climbing to my assistant

Just talked to Harry. His voice is back.

Group 1 (see post May 26th) left ABC today as planned. They are now all at North Col, and are still aiming to reach the summit on May 30th.

Because of worsening weather predictions for May 31st, and less wind expected on June 1st, group 2 will stay put one more day. They have now planned to leave ABC May 29th.
« Last Edit: May 28 2005, 01:11 by erikv »
Logged

erikv

  • Happy at sea level
  • Administrator
  • Hiker
  • *******
  • Altitude: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • I rather leave the climbing to my assistant
Re: 27th May - Group 1 at North Col, Group 2 start postponed
« Reply #1 on: May 27 2005, 17:56 »

We hope to have a more detailed story up here on the forum today, but Harry's Thuraya is acting up and he cannot send email at the moment. Hopefully this is fixed soon, as I am sure lots of you are interested to read about the events of the last days, especially the death of Marko, and the impact this has had on the whole team.

May 28 update: email working again. REPORT HAS JUST BEEN POSTED IN FORUM
« Last Edit: May 28 2005, 13:58 by erikv »
Logged

Mary Clare

  • Guest
Re: 27th May - Group 1 at North Col, Group 2 start postponed
« Reply #2 on: May 27 2005, 22:30 »

Hi Erik

Thank you for the update on the change of plans.  It sounds like a wise decision.  And hey...June 1st is a great day to summit Everest!!!   Maybe 7 Summits will be the 1st team to become summitteers of Everest in June 2005!

Also, thank you for passing on my good wishes to John.  It was really appreciated.

All of my good thoughts are with both teams (and all climbers on Everest) as they make their final ascent to the top of the world!

mc
Logged

arsine

  • Guest
Re: 27th May - Group 1 at North Col, Group 2 start postponed
« Reply #3 on: May 28 2005, 05:07 »

Hi please pass on our best wishes to Karo Ovasapian. He is in Group 1. Tell him Larry and Arsine said Hello! Thank you
Logged

Nancy

  • Guest
Re: 27th May - Group 1 at North Col, Group 2 start postponed
« Reply #4 on: May 28 2005, 05:56 »

Hi to John!

Wow, it's almost summit time -- very exciting!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about all your experiences when you get back to SF.  Thank goodness that should be soon.  Two months is a long time not to see my sweetie.

Good luck to everyone in the 7-summits team!

xoxoxo Nancy xoxoxo



 
Logged

MournesMan

  • Scrambler
  • ***
  • Altitude: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
  • Live life and follow your dreams
Re: 27th May - Group 1 at North Col, Group 2 start postponed
« Reply #5 on: May 29 2005, 06:19 »

Erik

Thanks for the quick report updates - keep it up!! (Romke has left at a critical time but he does deserve break, although I'm sure he is keeping his ears close to the action).

1st June is a good call Harry - wise to postpone if the weather for 31st is due to worsen.  Keep listening attentively to those weather reports and best wishes to the guys at the North Col - thinking of you tomorrow, Sun 29th, as I trek through the Mourne Mountains in N Ireland.

Guys in group 1 - Good luck for 30th and take care,

Colin
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.