Mountally challenged > Harry's Everest 2005 trip updates

26th May: team will attempt summit in two groups

(1/2) > >>

erikv:
It is Erik here, taking over for Romke while he enjoys a well deserved break from all that armchair mountaineering... :)

News from Harry in ABC:

[End of day, May 26] "I spent most of the day in meetings, but in the end summit plans are unchanged: start May 27/28 and aiming for the summit on May 30/31.

The 7 summits club team will split into two groups.  Group 1 will start tomorrow May 27 and aim to summit on May 30, while group 2 will start May 28 with the aim to summit May 31.

Group 1: Nikolay Chernyy, Yury Taydokov, Ivan Dusharin, Grigory Skaller, Alexandre Lakovenko, Igor Pokhvalin, Karo Ovasapyan, James Wilde. Sherpas: Pasang Tenzing, Mingma Forche, Pemba Tensing Samte, Mingma Gelu, Pasang Temba Geldjin, Pemba Renjin.

Group 2: Alexander Abramov, Dmitry Moskalev, Harry Kikstra, John Christiana, Nate Schneider, Lorenzo Gariano, Robert Ulph. Sherpas: Lakcha Rengin, Nima Dorji, Mingma Nurbu, Pemba Nurbu.

Weather forecasts do not all agree, but all-in-all 30/31 looking reasonably OK."

Mary Clare:
Hi Erik

I will thank you ahead of time for taking over the "armchair position" for Romke!

Well, it is definitely show time for the 7 Summits.  The plan sounds solid and they have a chance to summit.  I feel very excited for the team and I also have concerns regarding the amount of climbers and sherpas that will be pushing for the top at the same time.  According to Alex, there could be as many 200 - 300 people coming from the north side.  I am hoping everyone will be safe.  Whether or not a climber summits, he will take a piece of this mysterious, beautiful and most challenging mountain with him.  This is an experience one would treasure for a life time!  I say to the 7 Summits.....GOOD LUCK and I hope each one of you will become summitteers of Everest!

To my brother, John...a special GOOD LUCK!!!  As Dad would say "Go for the gusto".

Sincerely,
mc

EdwoodCA:
Good luck to all of you!  Looking forward to great news.   Be safe and enjoy the view from the top.  Watch out for helicopters, lol.

John [Christiana]... Pier 9 is rootin' for ya, Stiller.  Keep on, keepin' on, and we'll see you back home for some stories and pictures over some pints.

Edward

Michael Sosnowy:
Good luck on the summit attempt, 7 Summit Teams.

A special hoo-rah to Jamie Wilde

erikv:
Mary Clare, EdwoodCA: Your good luck wishes have been passed on to John in ABC.

Michael: I will try to get your message to James at North Col.

Erik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version