Mountally challenged > Harry's Everest 2005 trip updates

30th MAY - ALL GROUP 1 SUMMITED!

(1/3) > >>

erikv:
Just got the news:

ALL OF GROUP 1 AND ALL SHERPAS SUMMITED TODAY!

Group 1: Nikolay Chernyy, Yury Taydokov, Ivan Dusharin, Grigory Skaller, Alexandre Lakovenko, Igor Pokhvalin, Karo Ovasapyan. Sherpas: Pasang Tenzing, Mingma Forche, Pemba Tensing Samte, Mingma Gelu, Pasang Temba Geldjin, Pemba Renjin.

James Wilde (originally in group 1) did not summit, he returned to ABC yesterday before the summit push.

Details to follow!

Erik

bassie:
this is GOOOD news! congrets to all! i hope that this will strenghten the motivation of Group 2.

Harry, let's kick some ass !!!

Lot of success for tht coming days!

groevaba!

Debbie:
I appreciate the update. Jamie is a god friend of mine- will he try to summit? What is his status? Thanks
Debbie

MournesMan:
Congratulations guys!!!  Well done to all the Russian's who have summitted - now just get the hell out of there and make it down safely?

Good luck to Harry, Lorenzo and the rest of the team in group 2 - hope the weather stays kind for the June 1st push

Does anyone know if the summiteers will be resting overnight at camp 3 (8300m) or will they go further down to camp 2 (7700m)?  I guess with Group 2 now at 7700m they will have to remain at 8300m or are there enough tents at camp 2?

regards
Colin

erikv:
>> Jamie is a god friend of mine- will he try to summit? What is his status?
I understand he is back at ABC; tired but OK and will not try to summit anymore.

Erik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version