Mountally challenged > Harry's Everest 2005 trip updates

June 2nd - Dmitry and John summit! Harry, John & sherpas third night at 8300m...

(1/3) > >>

erikv:
Just in, from www.7summits-club.com:

From Alex Abramov 17:30 local time:

"Dmitry Moskalev has climbed the top at 8:30. On descent  he has met John Christiana and his Sherpa Renji. They have risen on top about one o'clock in the afternoon. Later he has met Harry Kikstra and his Sherpa Lakcha, they also continued climb.

Till now we have no information, whether Harry have reached the summit. There was no radio communication with them during whole day, though all members and Sherpas are supplied radio stations.

At one o'clock Lorenzo Gariano came on communication. He has informed, that he is in camp of 7700 m. During an ascent, on the Second step, he (as he said) 'has lost eyesight'. We do not know precisely, what it means. In any case, Lorenzo has managed independently gone down in camp 2 on 7700 meters. Probably, he has just frozen eyes, because of a strong wind. We have sent Sherpa Nima which has quickly risen in camp of 7700 m. Now they begin descent downwards, they promise to go down up to camp ABC.

Now Sherpa Mingma Norbu which we have left of 8300 m in camp to wait for the two climbers Harry and Lakcha, has informed, that sees them at height 8500м.

Whether or not Harry has been on top, we do not know. We hope for the best, also we hope, that they will have time to go down in camp 3 before darkness. Unfortunately, in camp 3 there is only one cylinder of oxygen. It will be heavy night for three person. It will be their third night at this height [8300m]."

http://www.7summits-club.com/index.php3?id=27&idi=46&action=showfull

Ingrid:
Harry - have everyone here in my team at Nike routing for you - we are breathlessly waiting for updates and hoping more than anything you are safe!
Please. Be. Careful!

Ingrid

Anna:
Hi!

I`m from Moscow waiting for the news about Harry Kikstra. Did you hear anything on your side? There are no updates on Alpindustria or on 7 summits club web sites, no messages from Alex Abramov (latest one at 17.30 local time). Please let me know inh case you know more.

Anna

Mary Clare:
I am writing this with so many emotions...I am amazed that my brother, John and also Dmitry summited!!!  Unbelievable!  But I am worried beyond words.  I've been following the weather and that combined with the fact that John summited at 1:00 pm has me very concerned.  I am also worried about Harry.  And I pray that Lorenzo's eyesight will be completely restored.  Will anyone be able to bring more oxygen cylinders to camp 3?  Please?  I have tears in my eyes, but I will stay positive and strong.  These are determined men.  We need you guys to come back to your loved ones!

Thank you for the updates.  Waiting very anxiously!!!
mc

smrtnupp:
Ditto mc,

I sit here worried as well, I have never met any of the climbers in person.... Just been a member of this site since last October, but still affected by everything going on. I rush home from work, do not even drop my purse and take off my shoes, run to my computer to read posts.  Today I am checking every few minutes....

Harry - well I just do not know what to say, I am worried!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version