7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 3rd - GOOD NEWS  (Read 8164 times)

erikv

• Happy at sea level
  • Administrator
  • Hiker
  • Altitude: 2
  • I rather leave the climbing to my assistant
June 3rd - GOOD NEWS
« on: Jun 3 2005, 12:55 »

Hi All,

Thanks to Anna in Moscow, we just received the following from Alex in ABC:

"All members are alive! Harry and John are now at 7700, Lorenzo is coming down to BC, Dmitri is close to ABC (should be there in 40 minutes)."

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Erik

« Last Edit: Jun 4 2005, 16:15 by erikv »

Sidney

Re: June 3rd - GOOD NEWS
« Reply #1 on: Jun 3 2005, 13:24 »

YEAH! Good news indeed! Can't wait for Harry's story, but also glad that I can start concentrating on my work today...

Xander

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 3 2005, 14:32 »

Hi Harry,
Great. As you have always stated - if your on the top you're only halfway down. So make it to BC safe!

Xander/Jessica

Marian

« Reply #3 on: Jun 3 2005, 15:08 »

Hey Har,

It's all about ups and downs and I think it's time to come down again!
 We're all thinkin about you here!
Take care, step by step, U're strong enough to make it!!!

hug, Marian

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
« Reply #4 on: Jun 3 2005, 15:25 »

Great news folks - glad to hear everyone doing well and on their way down.  Descend safely Harry - can't wait for your story, so get some rest/sleep then spill the beans!!

Best wishes to all the expedition members,

Colin

Mary Clare

« Reply #5 on: Jun 3 2005, 23:30 »

:)   :D   :lol)   ;D

Listen...I think you will hear a sigh of relief.  It started at ABC, then went on to Moscow (thanks Anna), and now it is going around the world!!!

Congradulations to the whole team.  For those who made the summit...amazing!!!  For those who did not summit...Everest will always be there.  And most importantly, as I said when this adventure first began, "the journey is the destination".  And what a journey this has been!

John...I am in awe of what you have accomplished!  I wrote a song for 7 Summits when this expedition started.  Here are the words to the interlude and verse 3.  This is for you, John.

The wind is harsh...the ice is slick.  Your head it throbs...and you feel sick.  (slight creshendo)  It's hard to breath...the cold thin air.  Another step...you're almost there.  (creshendo)  And soon you'll be on top of the world!  Top of the world.  (guitar riff)
Verse 3
Wake up from your dreams and make them real.  And as you set sail...wave good-bye.  Sail into the sunset.  Your dreams will light up the sky.  And you can climb any mountain with passion.  You can truly shine.  The view from the top will astound you.  And you are free for all time.  Live your dreams.

This is my "song of the day".
mc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 23 queries.