7summits forum!

Mountally challenged => Harry's Everest 2005 trip updates => Topic started by: Romke on May 14 2005, 20:40

Title: 14th May - report from ABC
Post by: Romke on May 14 2005, 20:40
Just received a short message from Harry:

"Today is my rest day which gives me chance to recover from a light headache. Most of the Russians have arrived in ABC now. James decided to spend the night in interim camp, repirarory problems are keeping him down (not further specified, RJ). Tomorrow the rest of the team is expected to reach either IC or ABC.
The Norwegians have had to give up because of cold and wind."

I'm not sure what the impact is of the Norwegians giving up. Weather wasn't expected to be good until after a week or so, but apparently Harry was expecting the Norwegian team to fix the ropes on the last bit.

- R
Title: Re: 14th May - report from ABC
Post by: Mary Clare on May 15 2005, 07:01

It is too bad that the Norwegian team has given up due to the cold temperatures and high winds.  I certainly hope the weather will change on the mountain as expected.  I am keeping my fingers crossed!

A definite challenge regarding the rope situation.  Does the 7 Summit & 7 Summit-Club teams have the capabilities and knowledge to install the ropes above the North Col...especially on the 1st and 2nd steps?  I have faith in these teams!

Wishing everyone success!