7summits forum!

Mountally challenged => Harry's Everest 2005 trip updates => Topic started by: Chris Valentine on May 18 2005, 18:19

Title: 18th May: weather window
Post by: Chris Valentine on May 18 2005, 18:19
Just received some text messages from Lorenzo. Apparently a window in the weather has opened and the team are considering going for a summit attempt.

I asked him what the Sherpas think but as he doesn't have a personal Sherpa, he can't ask. Glad its not me making the decision...

Chris.
Title: Re: 18th May: weather window
Post by: Mary Clare on May 19 2005, 00:09
Wow...a difficult decision!  This may be the opening they are waiting for...but it must be so hard to know for sure.  Climbing Everest is definitely an intelligence game in addition to a test of ones determination, stamina and mountaineering skills.  Please keep us posted.

Sincerely,
mc
Title: Re: 18th May: weather window
Post by: MournesMan on May 19 2005, 05:57
 :o

Wow!!!  I hope they have got it right - the weather I mean.  Difficult decision as to whether to go for it.  What would be the next steps?  How long would it take to summitt?  What is the schedule for a summitt?  Do they go to Camp 2 for an overnight then camp 3 and summitt the day after???

Am eager to know the timetable - if they decide to go for it (or even if they don't this time).

Best wishes anyway and use your instincts wisely.

Colin