7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denali climbing school  (Read 8232 times)

regaz

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
Denali climbing school
« on: Nov 16 2006, 22:50 »

Hi everybody,
A friend recommended the school below and my initial contact with them has been very positive. Does anybody have experience with this school? Would you recommend them?
Thanks,
Regaz

Alaska Mountaineering School
Colby Coombs & Caitlin Palmer, Directors
PO BOX 566, 3rd Street, Talkeetna, AK 99676 USA
phone: (907)733-1016
fax: (907)733-1362
email: info@climbalaska.org

Moss

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 1
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
Re: Denali climbing school
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17 2006, 06:54 »

Hi there,

I climbed Denali this year with RMI. Our group was on a parallel trip to ones run by Mountain Trip, Alpine Ascents as well as Alaska Mountain School (AMS). All of these trips were well organized and safe, and I am confident that you would be well served by any of these outfits.

I have experience as a customer with both RMI and Alpine Ascents, and would very highly recommend either one. That said, what I saw of the AMS team, they appeared to be very good as well.

Some useful links:

RMI
www.rmiguides.com

Alpine Ascents
www.alpineascents.com

Mountain Trip
www.mountaintrip.com

Another point to keep in mind is that much of the success or enjoyability of a trip is down to the individual guides involved. Since you're spending the same amount of money for all outfits (around $5000), you might want to pick the trip based on the guide leading it. There are some very well reknowned guides that work for these companies, including Dave Hahn (RMI) and Vern Tejas (Alpine Ascents) - do a google search on either one if you haven't heard of them.

Whichever outfit you choose, good luck with your climb and train hard! It will be the trip of a lifetime!

Nudge

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 2
  • Enjoying myself.
Re: Denali climbing school
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21 2007, 01:40 »

AMS Unfortunate initials all the same :-)))))

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.