We just added the new Elbrus 2007 date: 21st July - 2nd August, guided by me, Harry Kikstra from 7summits.comhttp://7summits.com/elbrus/trips.php
This time we will not take the crowded Normal route from the South, but we will be climbing from the North. This means:
* No cable cars and snowcats to take you up close to the summit, we are going on our own power! You can really say you climbed Elbrus after this climb
* Empty alpine fields, with few people around. Relax in a tranquil Alpine environment. The route is basic Alpine, so not much more technical than the Normal route.
* We will have more extra days than normal, so we have the best summit chances even with a few bad weather days.
* We will try to traverse the mountain and go down the Normal route, so we can take the chairlifts or cable car from 4000/3800m as we will have deserved some relaxation of our muscles. Unless you want to do the descend on your own power as well of course
* This possibility will depend on the weather conditions and the group, but we will do our best to complete the traverse. BC gear will be transported around the mountain.
The trip is 100% going ahead and some people have already signed up.
See all details here:http://7summits.com/elbrus/trips.php
Hope to see you there, you might find yourself in the Elbrus guidebook later on