7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cordillera blanca no more for free?  (Read 7570 times)

hans

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • I'm so cool!
cordillera blanca no more for free?
« on: May 28 2008, 01:58 »

Hello,

I go climbing Alpamayo, huascaran and other mountains in the cordillera blanca this summer and the organisation I am in contact me tells me for park enterence I HAVE TO take a guide with me that accompanies me to base camp. This, he tells me,  is new this year and is obligatory for all mountaineers who go into the national park. 

Any of you know if this is true or just a way to make us take a guide, which we don't want....

hans
if you have further information, please don't hesitate to mail me at hansmarien@gmail.com

thanks

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
Re: cordillera blanca no more for free?
« Reply #1 on: May 28 2008, 05:46 »

Hi hans

This is very interesting! I have just been invited to climb Nevado Pisco with some very experienced Italian climbers I know. One of us will also be climbing HuascarŠn (and it won't be me ::))! The trip is in its infinite stages. I would also like info on whether or not this is true. >:(

MC :)
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

hans

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
  • I'm so cool!
« Reply #2 on: May 30 2008, 00:03 »

Hi,

When is your trip scheduled? maybe we see each other there, I go from 13th of july till 15th of august...

or if you are back before I go, you can give me some advice where to go and what the truth is about this having to hire guides...

hans

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 3 2008, 06:04 »

Hi hans

We won't be going until next year or later. I have posed your question to another mountain forum and a guy named Jack gave me this reply:

"reinhardt: per lp printed feb 2007: "stop press! just before this book went to print, Inrena announced new regulations governing Parque Nacional Huascaran. under these new regulations, the use of local guides will be mandatory everywhere except designated recreation zones, and climbers attempting difficult routes will need a local climbing guide to accompany them."

however, i didnít find anything at all on the INRENA website that said you must use a guide.

check out the thorn tree forum from lonely planet too - most say you donít need a guide."

Please post a TR and pix on this forum after your trip. Good luck and enjoy Peru!!!
MC :)

"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.