7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aconcagua 2009  (Read 20371 times)

rayslin

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: -1
  • I am too lazy to change this text!
Aconcagua 2009
« on: Aug 20 2008, 02:36 »

Hey. I know im really early to post that, but my friend and I are going for the aconcagua in the low season ( nov ) for the normal route. We are 2 and we already went there before in 2006, and we would like more poeple to tag alone for more fun. If intrested, just send me a message and post here, and we can help you out to plan this trip as well..

Jonathan

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
Re: Aconcagua 2009
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20 2008, 06:00 »

November? interesting...

What experience have you?

rayslin

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: -1
  • I am too lazy to change this text!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22 2008, 07:00 »

Why the question? you want to warn us of november weather or you would be interested? We rather have a less crowded moutain but dealing with harder weather. We would go at the end of november, just to be in the low season fare but the most part of the climb would be made into the mid seaon fare.

Oh and btw, send me a message to sirois.jonathan@hotmail.com if you want to join us.

thanks

Jonathan

dkotter

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: 0
« Reply #3 on: Sep 8 2008, 09:11 »

My name is David Kotter in Arizona; I would love to tag along...thinking sometime December 13, 2009.  Is there a time we can chat?    ;D

hans

• Armchair...
  • I'm so cool!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 2 2008, 21:23 »

Hello,

I would like to go this year, starting from mid december til early januari.  If somebody else has some spare time... please contact me at hansmarien@gmail.com

Hans (from Belgium)
« Last Edit: Oct 2 2008, 21:30 by hans »

Mike1

• Hiker
« Reply #5 on: Jun 1 2009, 20:11 »

I would do it but only during the cold months of April-November.  I hope you guys know that Dec-March is summer in Argentina right?  Summer is the worst time to to a high altitude climb and the weather is unpredictable, especially lightning storms due to the warm meeting with the cold fronts on Aconcagua... 

Mike1

• Hiker
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18 2009, 05:54 »

Might be taking up on the offer to join you guys if I don't go during spring...  -110F/-79C does not look good at all in June...

Mike1

• Hiker
« Reply #7 on: Dec 9 2009, 12:25 »

This is Mike´s ex girlfriend using his nick- I have just read the news about mike´s dead today I only hope those who are doing these kind of mountains, are well trained and be conscious that you are dealing with death just as Mike did and found it. I can not say anymore, I am feeling to bad to say something else. Mariel

MoT

• Climber
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10 2009, 18:18 »

This is Mike´s ex girlfriend using his nick- I have just read the news about mike´s dead today I only hope those who are doing these kind of mountains, are well trained and be conscious that you are dealing with death just as Mike did and found it. I can not say anymore, I am feeling to bad to say something else. Mariel

??? Anyone know if this is true? And what happened, if it is?  ???

Is this the guy who kept posting about Aconcagua in winter - fast dash in 3 days or something?

Here's a link - is this the same guy?
http://outside-blog.away.com/blog/2009/12/early-season-death-on-aconcagua.html
« Last Edit: Dec 15 2009, 01:24 by MoT »

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15 2009, 06:37 »

I have no idea, but Mike1's account was used, though I cannot confirm that his real name was MICHAEL NIMITSIL or not (as is noted in the comments on the Outside article).

There is a letter from the last guy who saw him here:
http://www.alpinismonline.com/alp-notas.asp?id=10198&lang=EN

For those interested, what MoT is referring to:
"Mike1" signed up for the forum a while ago and started discussing his plans for Aconcagua. Several climbers reacted to that on this thread:

http://7summits.com/forum/index.php/topic,1663 His last reply there was 1st November and as far as I can tell the next time his account logged in was 9th December, likely used to write the above message by his girlfriend.

In any case my condoleances to Michael Nimitsil's family  :(
« Last Edit: Dec 15 2009, 06:50 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

MoT

• Climber
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15 2009, 18:24 »

Likewise. You'll notice, on the link I posted above, that in the comments area below the Outsider Online article, a person called Mariel also posts a comment
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.