7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experienced climbing partners for Vinson climb needed  (Read 26225 times)

Marshall Ulrich

I am an experienced climber looking for a couple of partners interested in climbing Vinson (unguided).  Seven Summits site offers this trip for $21,750.  Vinson trip (2) and or (4) would be my preferences.  Contact me if you are interested.

Marshall Ulrich

Ed Diffendal

Re: Experienced climbing partners for Vinson climb needed
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20 2005, 08:40 »

Hey Marshall, I am interested if you are still putting together a trip.  I've done seven peaks over 6K meters including Everest this past Spring, all unguided, plus a ton of techincal rock and mountain climbing lower down.  I would be psyched to do an unguided Vinson trip.  Let me know.

--Ed Diffendal

John Christiana

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20 2005, 00:00 »

Ed,

I already contacted Marshall, but he already summitted Vinson last January or so.  Vinson can be climbed unguided, but it is still expensive.

John

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20 2005, 01:33 »

Hey John,

good to see you back  8)
Did you get the Everest pix already?

Yes, Marshall climbed last year. Officially there is no more unguided climbing as too many temprary groups split up, leaving unprepared climbers alone on a very hostile mountain.

But if you and Ed sign up (you are both from SF by the way) for teh same trip with me then I will be able to arrange something. Just let me know.

Cheers,
Harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

John boy

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20 2005, 09:08 »

Harry,

Not received the pix yet, will advise.  and likewise.  I'll contact Ed offline and we'll see what we can do.......cool.   maybe I'll know in 2 weeks.  good point about groups breaking up.  must get to know them.

but as you know (Everest 1) things never go as planned.

It was cool, Harry, that we came off Everest around the same time, and got to know each other more, one on one.  we started as roommates in Kathmandu and ended the trip as roommates in Kathmandu!  I have been in touch with almost everyone in our Everest family...

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.