7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Completion of 7 summits?  (Read 32835 times)

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
  • Altitude: 3
  • Greetings from tha lowlands
    • The 7 summits pages
Completion of 7 summits?
« on: Apr 26 2002, 13:01 »

Hi all you (armchair) mountaineers!

As it is Everest season, this usually means that the list of 7 summiteers will be longer soon as many choose to do Everest last.
But where can you 'deposit' your name for the famous list?

Well, here! We are working together with the leading authority of mountain statistics and together we will keep the list updated and valid.

On this new 7summits site you can find all statistics so far, many features and more.
We have placed both lists, so both Carstensz Pyramid and Kosciuszko summiteers.

How can you get on the list?
You can apply here online for a place on the famous list! On this form you can fill out your details and upload a picture.

We will validate all entries and add them to the big 7summits list!

Hope to see you soon there,  :D

Thanks and keep climbing,
best regards,

The 7summits.com team
« Last Edit: Feb 10 2003, 20:52 by 7summits »
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages
Re:Completion of 7 summits?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15 2002, 23:08 »

Hi all,

now you can apply through the form on the site, please go here if you want to be on the list of all lists...

CU there,

Harry
"He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #2 on: Sep 5 2002, 12:41 »

If you have completed the 7summits. please fill out :
the form here.

Thanks, see you on the list?

The 7summits team.

trunl

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9 2003, 03:27 »

so many people are now completing the seven summits that many are not getting recognized. i have checked over SEVERAL different versions of lists and sadly have found many people go unrecognized. not everybody that completes the seven summits applies for YOUR list. maybe you should check other sources to update your list.

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #4 on: Oct 9 2003, 17:23 »

Hi there,
thanks for your input, can you name any climber whohas climbed teh 7 and is not on our list? This list is compiled by me together with the leading staticians Xavier Eguskitza and Eberhard Jurgalski.
We share all information with eachother and do not steal like other 7summits sites/lists. We go to manu trouble and personally contact the mountaineers to get all the dates and facts right.

So if you know anyone that should be on the list, just contact me or Adventurestats.com.

Neil

• Armchair...
  • Altitude: -8
  • Jump through the Hoops
    • BigLines
Re: Completion of 7 summits?
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16 2005, 06:40 »

Well, I don't see Annabelle Bonde, Urszula Tokarska or Danielle Fisher????
Nothing come from nothing come on, Royal Oil.

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16 2005, 06:54 »

Well, I don't see Annabelle Bonde, Urszula Tokarska or Danielle Fisher????

Or Jake Meyer  8)
Am working on it as well as on 400+ emails to answer, so hope to have the lists updated soon.

Cheers,
Harry

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 0
  • I'm too lazy to update this text!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 2 2005, 20:46 »

so many people are now completing the seven summits that many are not getting recognized. i have checked over SEVERAL different versions of lists and sadly have found many people go unrecognized. not everybody that completes the seven summits applies for YOUR list. maybe you should check other sources to update your list.

Who cares if you are on a list, all lists or any list. What's important is your own experience, memories and sense of achievement.
Kilimanjaro (2005), Elbrus (2006), Kosciuszko (2010), next is Aconcagua

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27 2006, 13:07 »

Harry

Regarding the "7 summits" list.

So if you know anyone that should be on the list, just contact me or Adventurestats.com.

I know you have been busy, but I still don't see Annabelle Bond, Urszula Tokarska, Danielle Fisher, Jake Meyer or YOU...Harry!  Also the "7 summiteers" that were on the Vinson teams you and Alex guided: Viktor, Alex, Soren, Boris and Heber.
617 stated that it is your own experience, memories and sense of achievement that is important.  This is true...but a little recognition never hurt anyone!   ;D

MC
« Last Edit: Mar 16 2006, 04:54 by mc »
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

m.c. reinhardt

• Mountaineer
  • Altitude: 50
  • Dream it, envision it and then live it.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27 2006, 13:22 »

Also, how could I forget Søren Gudmann!  It is hard to keep this list and other "stat" lists current.  A definite challenge.  But it is nice to have these achievements documented.

MC
« Last Edit: Mar 16 2006, 04:55 by mc »
"I go to the mountains for there I find higher ground." m.c. reinhardt

MoT

• Climber
  • Altitude: 8
    • TightropeNET
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27 2006, 18:56 »

Trunl stated that it is your own experience, memories and sense of achievement that is important.

Yeah but didn't trunl also say he climbed mount whitney?  ;D

Oops - is that a can of worms?  >:D

7summits

• 7 down, 0 to go!
  • Administrator
  • 7Summiteer!
    • The 7 summits pages
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28 2006, 08:41 »

Harry

Regarding the "7 summits" list.

I know you have been busy, but I still don't see Annabelle Bond, Urszula Tokarska, Danielle Fisher, Jake Meyer or YOU...Harry!  Also the "7 summiteers" that were on the Vinson teams you and Alex guided: Viktor, Alex, Soren, Boris and Heber.
Trunl stated that it is your own experience, memories and sense of achievement that is important.  This is true...but a little recognition never hurt anyone!   ;D

MC
Well, you should look more closely:
http://7summits.com/info/7stats/statistics_all_basic.php
the first 4 persons you mentioned are there and have been there for a while..

Everything has been updated until the day I left for Antarctica and I have been back exactly 2 days with a huge backlog of mails and other stuff. Besides it takes a lot of time and effort to get all the correct info from the climbers. I will add myself when I know the dates of the persons before me in the list. It took me 7 years , a few more days won't hurt  8)

I am proud of what I accomplished, but my main drive is to get all the statistics correct and good for the lists. But it wil be very satisfying when I can hit the 'save' button  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 28 2006, 08:46 by 7summits »

Mary Clare

« Reply #12 on: Jan 28 2006, 09:56 »

Well, you should look more closely

I most certainly should...I was looking at the adventurestats.com list.  I didn't know how to link to your stat list.  Great job, Harry.

MC    :D   

Erik van der Neut

« Reply #13 on: Jan 30 2006, 23:48 »

Harry,

I think it's fantastic you're making such an efforts to keep the statistics correct and complete.  I really do agree with you that that's incredibly important. 

- Erik

MikeW

• Climber
  • Altitude: 13
  • To be is to climb!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31 2006, 23:55 »

Hi Harry!

It was nice to finally meet you in person and it had to be on the runway of Patriot Hills in Antarctica for that!!! ;D

I summited Vinson Massif on January 19 for number 4 of 7. It was a great climb in a spectacular place but we got stranded in base camp for 6 days due to clouds and another 2 days in Patriot Hills due to windy conditions. I got back home yesterday.

My tent mate got his number 7 on Vinson, his name is David Liano of Mexico. If you need more info, I've got his email.

MikeW
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.