7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 27th: Base camp with Mick Jagger  (Read 3678 times)

Chris Valentine

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 19
  • Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
27th: Base camp with Mick Jagger
« on: Apr 27 2005, 16:22 »

Lorenzo feeling wonderful to be back in BC, having met yaks and other teams (Dutch, German and Italian) on their way up. Sleeping better with more oxygen. He's now doing an involuntary Mick Jagger impression having applied insufficient sunblock to his lips, which have now puffed up. Returning to ABC on Saturday, perhaps a night at Camp 2 on the North Col on Sunday and hopefully a first attempt to Camp 3 just below the North Ridge at 7700m.

Update on Noel: his eyesight hasn't yet cleared but they haven't ruled out a return to the team.

Chris.
Webmaster for Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

ann hall

Re: 27th: Base camp with Mick Jagger
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27 2005, 18:42 »

:DDear Lynne and Noel hope things continue to improve for Noel and that you can continue safetly with the trip. All of us are thinking about you and hoping the recovery will be good. JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES IN THE MEANTIME. lOVE YOU LOADS ANN.

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28 2005, 06:58 »

Ha Ha!!  Someone take a picture of Lorenzo and post on here till we see his Mick Jagger impression  :lol)

Echo Ann's words of encouragement and hope for Noel and Lynne.

Take care all

Colin

Mary Clare

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28 2005, 22:22 »

Hello Chris

Thank you again for passing on our messages of "good will".

I have a message for John Christiana that I would appreciate you relaying.  Our parents and his boss, Bob, wish him good luck.  I have been keeping them informed of the teams progess.  They wanted John to know that.

I hope Noel will get a good prognosis from the doctor at the hospital.  And I hope Lorenzo's sunburn will heal quickly.  (Keeping the skin moistured will help tremendously.)

All the best to the team.
mc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.