7summits forum!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3rd May: ABC and onwards - will the dog follow?  (Read 3569 times)

Kevin Quick

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 15
    • Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog

Lorenzo rang in a new audio blog message this morning.

Lorenzo, Harry, Noel, Lynn and Nate are at ABC, 6400m. John and James are at the North Col, and 2 Slovakians and Russians are back down at base camp. Noel's trouble with his eyesight seems to be stable at the moment.

Tomorrow the group are going to ascend to the North Col and thereafter, depending on the weather conditions, may go from there up to Camp 2 (7700m).

The dog is still keeping with them and Lorenzo provided it shelter during the night

Kevin Quick
Lorenzo's Everest Audio Blog
KMi, The Open University
http://everest.open.ac.uk

Lynne

Re: 3rd May: ABC and onwards - will the dog follow?
« Reply #1 on: May 3 2005, 20:15 »

Message for Lorenzo

At long last found the way to reply.  What can I say Lorenzo, 'mystical land' tells me this journey is surely the most heartfelt you have taken.  I have it on my office wall along with the photo 'log summit' taken last August.  I have everyone avidly listening to you and the teams progress.  After the slightly scary start to your journey, I have a really good feeling about the ascent.  I'm sure the custard tarts will be even more welcome.

Know that I am with you every step, biggest hug

Lynne

Mary Clare

« Reply #2 on: May 3 2005, 23:03 »

Hello to everyone

I just read Alex's reports for 4/29/05 and 4/30/05.  It seems that the weather has taken a turn for the worse.  But that is the nature of the great "mother goddess of the earth".  Hopefully everyone is acclimatizing well and enduring the harsh conditions.

It also seems that the expedition has adopted a new pet!!!  What an adventurous dog!

To Nancy

Thanks for the nice words regarding my song.  I finished it, but I could only post the words as I do not have the techonology to get the audio across.  The completed song is posted on Lorenzo's piece...Mystical Land.

mc

MournesMan

• Scrambler
  • Altitude: 0
  • Live life and follow your dreams
« Reply #3 on: May 4 2005, 06:07 »

Hello to all - the team out there and the armchair folks on here!!
Wishing everyone the best of health and happiness.

Harry, Lorenzo, Noel, Lynne and Nat - you are going great.  And also the other members - you are really turning it on.  You are higher (or soon to be) higher than at any point in the expedition so far.  Everything bodes well - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will get some easier, less cold weather.  Just dont linger too long!

Take care and rock on folks
Colin

Nikky

• Hiker
  • Altitude: 1
  • I am too lazy too change this text!
« Reply #4 on: May 4 2005, 07:20 »

Message for Lorenzo. It was great to hear your radio blog again, and to know things are going so well. So the doggy is still with you, are you sure it's not Nikky? (see yesterday's message). At present I am just at sea level and there is tropical storm overhead and your magnificent mountain seems a world away from here, but you are in our thoughts and prayers, love from the "Green Pie Gang" p.s. Does she have a chip in her ear? (not the fried kind!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.